Choosing the right profession is the first step!
BECOME PART OF THE TEAM
For the start of the 2021 apprenticeship year, all of our apprenticeship positions have all been taken. We are looking forward to starting with the new team in September 2021. From autumn 2021 you will find here the new open apprenticeship positions for the training year 2022. You would like to start immediately with a partial apprenticeship? You may find all information here.
Find out where your potential lies and which activities you particularly enjoy!
Discover your talents
In order to be able to decide on the right apprenticeship, you can find out about what training we offer at a number of trade fairs. From the 8th grade onward, you can ask our training manager for a voluntary trial in our apprentice workshop (2 days).
What you can expect during your training with us
Our trainers will help you to find the best approach for you. In addition to professional training, we also offer courses specifically designed to develop your social skills. Team spirit among our apprentices is bolstered on joint excursions.
Vocational school takes place in a block for all our training courses and we will cover any residential school costs that are incurred.
Your performance counts!
Anyone who stays on track and performs well during their training is strongly encouraged. You can score points with your behavior, skills and school grades and will be rewarded with recognition and above all excellent career opportunities!
Those who come to us are happy to stay!
We offer permanent employment to about 98% of our apprentices after they have successfully completed their training. Due to our strong growth, the demand for apprentices is high.
We offer you excellent long-term career prospects.
GET YOUR BIKE
During your apprenticeship KTM demands a lot from you and offers you a lot. You have completed your apprenticeship with good or even very good results? KTM gives you a brand-new motorcycle as a gift – without any ifs and buts. Being an apprentice at KTM means taking on responsibility early on, because KTM is fully committed to its young talent. Those who rise to the challenge and master it will be rewarded. GET ON THE GAS!
Apprenticeship with Matura
(Austrian university-entrance diploma)
As an apprentice, KTM offers you the opportunity to complete your apprenticeship with Matura. Apprentices can prepare for the Berufsmatura free of charge parallel to their apprenticeship training. The Berufsmatura consists of four partial examinations. Three of the partial examinations can be taken before the apprenticeship-leave exam, the fourth after the apprenticeship-leave exam and completion of the 19th year of age. The courses take place in Mattighofen during working hours directly at KTM. Detailed information on apprenticeship with Matura is provided by the training workshop during the annual information evening for existing apprentices and their parents.
Preparation for the final apprenticeship examination
KTM actively supports its apprentices in the final apprenticeship examination. In preparation, all apprentices receive three learning days during working hours with professional advice and the opportunity to ask questions. In addition, the oral examination of the final apprenticeship examination is simulated at KTM with the trainers. Apprentices from the commercial sector are taught technical contents from purchasing of goods, product training to the flow of goods and product training in a 2-day training program. KTM is not only constantly working on the further development and improvement of its motorcycles but is also constantly focused on increasing the quality of training.
READY TO RACE
KTM translates the racing spirit of its factory teams into production motorcycles that are characterized by the same racing mindset, passion and top technology. The constant focus on improving performance and the curiosity for speed is at the heart of everything we do.
We are renowned for being respectful toward one another. The good cooperation during an apprenticeship at KTM is characterized by always treating each other in an appreciative manner..
Honesty, steadfastness, loyalty and punctuality are cornerstones that accompany us every single day – not just during the apprenticeship.
Attentiveness creates clarity, concentration and calm. We are attentive to ourselves, our counterpart and the environment in which we live.
The whole is more than the sum of its parts. This notion of team spirit is the power that unites us as KTM_academy and motivates each individual to achieve special things every day.
Trust, openness and honesty offer the opportunity to overcome fears and anxieties
and recognize the potential of a young person. We place trust in our apprentices and enable them to adopt a confident approach to their trainers.
We see ourselves as a catalyst in allowing our apprentices to develop their potential both personally and professionally. Our aim is to challenge and encourage reflective thinking and action.
Choosing the right profession is the first step!
Here you can gain an initial insight into what the following apprenticeships involve. The apprenticeship positions still available you`ll find here.
- AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING
- CAD DESIGN
- E-COMMERCE MERCHANT
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (PLANT- AND OPERATING TECHNOLOGY)
- EVENT MANAGER
- Forwarding manager
- INDUSTRIAL ADMINISTRATOR
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (SPECIALIZING IN SYSTEMS ENGINEERING)
- MECHATRONICS (production technology)
- MEDIA EXPERT in combination with PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER
- METAL TECHNOLOGY (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)
- Metal technology (welding technology)
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
- OPERATIONAL LOGISTICS ADMINISTRATOR
- PROCESS ENGINEERING
- PARTIAL APPRENTICESHIP
Tasks of an automotive engineer:
- Carry out work on the chassis and bodywork
- Check, repair and maintain mechanical, electronic and electrical parts and equipment installed in motor vehicles
- Operate measuring, inspection and test equipment as well as electronic diagnostic facilities and evaluate results
- Identify, assess and use all fuels, coolants, lubricants and other fluids necessary for operating the vehicle
Tasks of a CAD designer:
- Prepare standard-compliant drawings of components and assemblies with the aid of CAD programs (from draft to technical drawing)
- Perform calculations
- Manufacture, commission and improve designed components and assemblies
- Apply design systematics and mechanical engineering technology
- Prepare technical documentation
Tasks of an e-commerce merchant:
- Development of proposals for a competitive presentation of goods in the online shop and helping with the implementation
- Using different forms of advertising (e.g. retargeting, behavioral targeting)
- Utilizing social networks to approach customers
- Editing of product data, photos, images, videos as well as creation of sales-oriented and search-engine-optimized product descriptions
- Integration of product data into the online shop and its optimization
- Identification of possibilities for adapting and changing the usability of the online shop and helping to continuously optimize the usability of the online shop
- Informing, supporting and advising customers or business partners through various channels
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (PLANT- AND OPERATING TECHNOLOGY)
Tasks of an electrical engineering:
- Assembling, setting up, commissioning, maintaining and repairing electrotechnical systems, especially plant and operating technology
- Set up, assemble, install, test, commission and maintain call, fire and alarm systems as well as lightning protection and earthing systems
- Setting up, testing and connecting electrical equipment and control systems
- Reading circuit, wiring and assembly diagrams, partly also making them yourself
- Create material lists, compile auxiliary materials such as cables, wires, clamps, switches, etc.
- Measure, lay and connect cables and wires
- Install and adjust control boxes with fuses
- Searching for, limiting and eliminating errors, defects and faults in components, devices and systems
- Keep technical records and documentation, operating instructions, installation plans, maintenance and service protocols
Tasks of an event manager:
- Development of concepts for events
- Create offers for events
- Event marketing and target group-oriented communication
- Event organization and handling
- Invoice control
- Operational project management
- Customer management, customer-oriented work
- Solution development for arising problems
- Situation-specific task processing
- National and international transport, warehousing and other forwarding services (e.g. hazardous goods, insurance etc.) calculate, offer, organise, process and charge
- Developing specific transport and logistics concepts taking into account economic, legal, ecological and customer-specific aspects
- Selecting and scheduling the optimal transport modes and main transport routes, taking into account the possibilities of road, rail, air and water
- Perform activities in professional accounting such as cost accounting, calculation and controlling
- Customers – as an expert in all transport and forwarding issues (e.g. packaging, liability, storage, document preparation, etc.)
- Apply the basics of rhetoric and sales techniques for sales and marketing, and create and use the necessary presentation
- Planning and controlling forwarding work processes, assessing and documenting services rendered (taking into account quality, environmental and safety management systems).
- Handling of customs formalities
- Carry out administrative activities with the help of the operational information and communication systems.
- Analyze and evaluate data (e.g. key figures, capacity utilization, statistics, etc.)
Tasks of an industrial administrator:
- Prepare texts and documents correctly and in the correct form on the basis of specifications as well as prepare and edit forms and blank forms
- Create, maintain and evaluate statistics, files and card indexes
- Prepare orders, monitor delivery dates and take action in the event of delay
- Assist with operational bookkeeping and cost accounting
- Inform and support customers
- Carry out administrative work with the help of the company information and communication systems
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (SPECIALIZING IN SYSTEMS ENGINEERING)
Tasks of a systems engineer
- Synchronizing, configuring and commissioning user devices and peripheral devices
- Designing and planning data storage systems
- Analyzing security risks, designing security measures
- Configuration of server systems, development of authorization concepts
- Creation of user instructions, information, advice and training of customers and users
- Quality and project management
- Maintenance and administration of server systems
- Offering services via the network as well as evaluating, selecting and integrating cloud services in existing networks
MECHATRONICS (production technology)
Tasks of a mechatronics engineer:
- Constructing mechanical, electrical and electronic components
- Combining the components to form complex systems, installation of control software and maintenance of the systems
- Commissioning and programming the finished systems and installing the associated software
- Careful inspection of the equipment using circuit diagrams and design drawings
MEDIA EXPERT in combination with PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER
- Focus on print, publishing and audiovisual media
- Independent development of websites according to individual requirements
- Design of web interfaces according to the desired design
- Acquisition of knowledge of various development tools and programming languages
- Consideration and implementation of current technical standards of web development
- Production of video and audio contributions
- Discussing the orders with the clients
- Photography with high-quality cameras (e.g. digital cameras)
- Photo shootings of people and products
- Editing the images
METAL TECHNOLOGY (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)
Tasks of a metal technician:
- Assemble, install, test, repair and commission machines and systems
- Identify and eliminate faults, defects and malfunctions in plants and machinery
- Create and modify manufacturing programs for computer-controlled machines and systems
- Machine mechanical parts, assemble assemblies and components
- Manufacture and install spare parts and machine components
Metal technology (welding technology)
- Creation of welding drawings in accordance with standards
- Application of the different welding processes
- Operation and programming of welding robots and their fixtures
- Detection and elimination of welding defects and assessment of welded joints
- Carrying out quality controls (materials testing and weld seam testing) and documenting the results
Tasks of an office administrator
- Operating folders, documents, lists, operating books, journals and databases
- Working on computers, using business office software
- Conduct written and e-mail correspondence and telephone calls
- Schedule and coordinate appointments
- Organise and coordinate meetings, conferences and business trips
- Prepare data for bookkeeping and cost accounting
- Processing payroll accounting, payments and arrange for bank transfers
- Check stock levels, incoming goods receive and check
- Participate in the annual inventory
- Monitor incoming payments and, if necessary send out reminder letters
- Operating telephone systems, printers, scanners and copiers
OPERATIONAL LOGISTICS ADMINISTRATOR
Tasks of an operational logistics administrator:
- Receiving and checking the goods
- Storage, transfer and removal from storage as well as provision and dispatch of goods
- Operating and maintaining technical equipment and facilities
- Recording and checking the stock levels
- Creating and editing various documents
- Performing organizational and administrative tasks
Tasks of a process engineer:
- Plan the use of tools and devices on production machines and at manufacturing plants
- Operate production plants, monitor workflows of production machines and manufacturing plants
- Maintain tools, machines and equipment and carry out maintenance work
- Learn about and understand production planning and production control as well as operational logistics and warehousing
- Monitor and ensure product quality
- Basic training in our technical training workshop
- Learning of technical and/or commercial qualifications, depending on choice of profession
In the process of a partial apprenticeship, apprentices can choose between the following occupational profiles:
- Operations Logistics Clerk
- Automotive Technology
- Metal Technology
- Process Technology
How to apply for a apprenticeship!
The selection process
Please apply online both for a trial period and for a concrete apprenticeship position in the first step. Prepare your last school report, your curriculum vitae, a photo and a short letter of motivation in which you tell us why you are interested in an apprenticeship with us.
We invite you for a trial period. If you are already in the 9th grade, our orientation test awaits you in the course of the trial period. The further selection process can include an apprentice challenge. We will inform you in advance in the invitation what awaits you.
About two weeks after the trial we can give you feedback. Of course we are always available for questions.
In the positive case, you will be invited for an interview together with a parent. In this appointment all open questions will be clarified.
At the end of June you will be invited as a prospective apprentice to the information evening with the signing of the apprenticeship contract. In September you will start your training with us. This is the start of your career!
SHOW WHAT YOU’RE MADE OF!
On playmit.com you can practice learning content free of charge and acquire your personal “Education for Practice” certificate. Send the certificate together with your application for an apprenticeship. It demonstrates your commitment and your strengths. You can find more information here.
Continue our success story by writing your own.
Discover the success stories of our apprentices!
Motorcycle technician 3rd apprenticeship year
KTM in 3 words: INNOVATION – PASSION – ADRENALINE
The KTM brand has fascinated me for some time now. I started riding motorcycles at the age of 16 on a KTM 125 DUKE. The following year, with my first Enduro, I discovered a passion for fine-tuning and tinkering around on motorcycles. For this reason, it quickly became clear to me that I wanted to do my vocational training in this field, and so I decided to take up an apprenticeship as a motorcycle technician at KTM.
I was very excited and most curious to find out what awaited me on my first trial working day at KTM, particularly because it was a long trip from Germany to Mattighofen (over 600 km). When I finally arrived in Mattighofen, all my expectations were exceeded – I was entering paradise.
Of course, moving from Germany to Austria was a big step and involved some challenges. However, the trainers provided great support and made it easy for me to settle in quickly in Austria and in the company. My other colleagues also tried hard to make me feel comfortable here and I quickly made new friends. I have since got used to the completely different culture, the Austrian humor and even the dialect .
The special thing about my apprenticeship at KTM is that I get such deep insights into the company. You have the chance to really get involved and be part of the actual development of a motorcycle. KTM also offers a wide range of interesting further training opportunities, and we have fun team-building outings as well. This strengthens our team spirit, and you get to know a lot of new people.
In 2018 and 2019, I had the honor of being part of the very important “KTM Motohall” project. This is the new event location that offers an insight into the history of the company and motor sports. During this time, I was able help set up and transport the exhibition bikes. The direct working relationship with my manager is something very special; during this period, I have been able to acquire a lot of knowledge and have been taught a lot. The team behind this project is fantastic, and we have a great employment relationship. It’s a relaxed atmosphere and it’s fun to work here.
Everything is based on trust which means as an apprentice I am allowed to perform a lot of tasks independently. Of course, this is a great advantage for me, as it really gives you the chance to gain experience and to learn a lot of new things. The biggest motivator is the great team and the fact that I am involved in such an important project. It’s nice to see what you have worked on together and accomplished as a team. It makes you incredibly proud to be part of this orange family.
One positive challenge is that I can apply my technical understanding on a daily basis, at KTM, you are stretched a lot and you never get bored. I look forward to coming to work every day and am always fascinated to see what the day will bring.
Its hard to say what “THE” coolest thing about KTM is – it’s all cool – the whole package is fantastic. The job and the brand are such an important part of my life.
It’s great to have so many like-minded people around. My enjoyment is shared by so many people here, which of course gives me a great boost every day.
My tip to all future applicants would be: Be brave, don’t pretend to be something you’re not and do whatever you feel like doing. At KTM, you can go a long way if you are friendly and show commitment.
Innovation – passion – adrenaline. That’s what KTM means to me. For me, “READY TO RACE” means always giving your best and never losing sight of the goal.
Apprentice, Chair of the Youth Consultative Council
I started my training as a mechatronics engineer (main module in production engineering) at KTM in fall 2017. I work at KTM because the close link to the product, the motorcycle, connects me to the company. My apprenticeship is very wide-ranging and varied. I know that lots of people say that, but here with us it really is true!
Mechatronics is a mixture of electrical and mechanical engineering, so my field covers a wide range of different tasks. Starting with turning and milling, through welding, to electrics, you learn about everything. In addition, my role also involves checking and measuring mechanical and electrical quantities. At KTM I am allowed to practice, learn and try out all this directly on the motorcycle.
We receive a lot of training and further education in the company and also at the ABZ Braunau to give us the ideal preparation for our future career. This includes, for example, turning and milling training, welding courses, PLC training, pneumatics training and much more.
KTM has a very laid-back working atmosphere. We apprentices are trusted and accordingly the company already has a lot of confidence in us, we are encouraged and challenged. This makes my apprenticeship a place of work for my future.
I’m not only an apprentice at KTM, but also Chair of the Youth Consultative Council. The Youth Consultative Council represents the interests of the apprentices and young people in the company. It helps with professional and private problems and offers an important facility for apprentices to have their say in the company. Together we organize excursions and always have an open ear for any worries and needs. In my position as Chair of the Youth Consultative Council, I work closely with the Works Council.
For me, KTM means: Fun, future & success. Ready to Race means being ready for challenges.
My tip for future apprentices: Go through the company and the apprenticeship period with motivation and in a good mood, because you also get that back.
Trained, Design Exterior Offroad, R&D
KTM in three words: INNOVATIVE – INTERNATIONAL – ORANGE
4 years ago, I started my apprenticeship at KTM as a CAD designer and today I work in research and development in the field of Design Exterior Offroad. I chose the profession of a CAD designer because I discovered my interest in technical drawing combined with computer work in the subject “Geometric Drawing” at school. Despite the big differences to the school subject, I have never regretted my choice of profession for a single day.
I was attracted to KTM mainly because of my love for motorcycles. As a child I already owned a pit bike – later I rode a moped. Therefore, KTM was my first choice.
One moment I will remember for a long time was when I stood on stage at the graduation ceremony for my apprenticeship, was congratulated on my apprenticeship, which I completed with excellent results, and was presented with my bike. Before that I had already received the certificate and knew that the apprenticeship was finished. The party that was held for us apprentices at KTM Motohall was for me the official end of my apprenticeship. I hope that for the first-year apprentices who attended the celebration, this event will serve as motivation for their time ahead.
My first task after my takeover was to design a battery compartment for a motorcycle that will be on the market in two years. It was exciting to hold the 3D-printed prototype in my hand for the first time. At first, you only ever see what you want to design on the screen and then you really have it in front of you. Afterwards you turn the part in your hands, and you can say something about every geometry and you know exactly where you were challenged.
The working atmosphere at KTM is very collegial, we also talk about private matters. I used to think that research and development was a very stiff, quiet area and today I experience every day how relaxed and dynamic work is here. I especially appreciate the “DU-culture” and the friendly atmosphere.
READY TO RACE is my daily bread. The motorcycles, which we construct in my department, ride almost unchanged in such way in the MX GP around the victory. Every day we work hard to provide the riders with the material that makes them READY TO RACE.
Trained, KTM Motohall Event Sales Specialist
KTM in 3 words: Quality, innovation and success
The KTM company won me over as soon as I got a taste of it. The production technician apprenticeship was explained to me, and I subsequently applied for this.
During my apprenticeship, I was able to get to know lots of departments, e.g. Maintenance, Quality Management and Factory Tours. The cooperation with my instructors was very good, so I always felt at ease. Whenever I had questions, they always took a lot of time for me and explained everything carefully.
KTM offers a great many further training opportunities for apprentices. For example, I was able to take an English class and participate in IT, welding and electrical training courses. I thought the basic training in the first year of the apprenticeship was particularly good. An external teacher prepared us for vocational school, which was very easy for me because of this! KTM also offers an apprenticeship with a school-leaving certificate, with some of the courses for this even taking place in the company.
The annual apprentice workshop was always a great experience. At this workshop, all the apprentices come together. Lots of seminars on personal development are offered. And on the last day, there is always a cool outing.
After my apprenticeship, I took the training course to become an apprentice trainer myself. I find it very exciting to be in this role now. Thanks to my own experiences, I find it very easy to put myself in their shoes.
There are very good chances for promotion at KTM. I am now responsible for the guided tours and the sales area and external events in the KTM Motohall. My technical training helps me a lot with the guided tours with potential customers. Before the opening of the KTM Motohall, I was also in contact with former racers to collect their old motorcycles and their motorcycle clothing for the museum, and I then met some of the racers in person during the opening ceremony.
My highlight at KTM was when I was given a motorcycle as a present after successfully completing my apprenticeship. I am regularly on the road with my motorcycle, and the region has many wonderful options for possible rides. KTM also offers you the possibility to rent a motorcycle for a weekend at a reasonable price.
My tips for future apprentices: Always be honest and give your best in order to leave a good impression everywhere.
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM
The questions you should ask yourself first are: Are you the right match for us and are we the right match for you? If you can answer both of these questions with a resounding YES then apply now!APPLY NOW